Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself a new winter project. It didn't have spark when i got it found out it was a cdi. I had one laying around put it in & it runs like a champ. It sat for 4 years so i took the carb off & cleaned it first. After it ran for 5 min the fan cut in I felt rad hoses & they were both cool. I put in a thermostat hoping it would fix it but same thing.
I removed water pump cover & turned it over & the impeller isn't turning. I can turn it by hand & it sounds like something is turning inside. Checked service manual & found the shaft that drives the impeller comes from the oil pump!!! Engine wasn't making any noise. I know the engine has to come apart but has anyone come across this, & what was it?
Not very clear in the service manual what drives it, balance shaft or right of the crank.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
133 Posts
yeah it is going to be engine balancer that drives it and u shouldn have to take the entire engine apart all u have to do is take it out of the frame(engine) and then take of the fly wheel, stator, and then that outer half which should be like 5-6 10mm bolts and voila there it is the water pump impeller is on the outer half of the engine balnacer now from there it is on u.
RUBEN
U can message me if u have any questions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts