Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, the 4x4 went out on my ATV. Starting from the begining, 1st when I flip the handlebar switch into AWD no indicator light appears on the speedo. Park , Reverse, Neutral, high, low all work and are indicated as suppose to. Reverse Override works as well and is indicated. 2nd, coming out of the handlebar Awd switch I have power. I did a lot of reading on here before tearing into her to find the problem and it seemed everyone with similar problems were being told the roller cage was broken. So i have now removed everything.. and opened up the front differential. No broken Roller Cage. Im lost now. front drive shaft does spin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Check at the plug in at diff for 12 volts first, if you have it, is armature plate warped, set it on a flat surface and see if it is.,

·
Registered
417 Posts
I agree with russ. Check for voltage, and the ohms of the coil. But if I already had it out. Might as well replace the plastic cage with a nice metal one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check at the plug in at diff for 12 volts first, if you have it, is armature plate warped, set it on a flat surface and see if it is.,
Thanks for the reply Russ. Im going to check the voltage in the morning and update. I put the differential back together and filled it with fluid. started the ATV and put it in gear. the half shafts are now spinning coming out of the differential. only thing is, i was in 2WD... I'm wondering if I'm now stuck in 4x4. I feel kinda dumb not being able to figure this out. haha! I'm pretty good with mechanical things, but first time I've tore into an ATV. To say the least I'm pretty impressed with the engineering behind it, cool little system... if i can figure it out..:lmao:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts