Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 sportsman 700 efi anytime I drive through a puddle or any type of water the thing sputters and won’t go up past three grind like it’s hitting Revlimiter. Changes tps wiring and new tps. Any help would be greatly appreciated no check engine lights... currently dielectric greasing everything on it as we speak

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,289 Posts
Welcome.gif
to the forum
Cheers.gif

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
Include the spark plug boot on your grease list

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
Also grease here...

Left Handlebar Switch.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Grease the ignition coil plugs, almost all the time it’s the ignition coil plugs getting wet. The ignition coil is located under the front left fender in the worst location ever so they get soaked if you go through puddles or even when you wash the machine it normally causes problems. I suggest completely replacing the spark plug boots, I always have some sort of trouble with the stock Polaris ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a scrambler 1k XP and i found that the injector wire had been pinched between the intake and the throttle body, seemingly from the factory. it would intermittently sputter and die when it got splashed. The last straw was when it blew the injector fuse. this also led to a inconsistent idle and running.

Probably not your issue, just goes to show that visual inspection is one of the best tests.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
I have a scrambler 1k XP and i found that the injector wire had been pinched between the intake and the throttle body, seemingly from the factory. it would intermittently sputter and die when it got splashed. The last straw was when it blew the injector fuse. this also led to a inconsistent idle and running.

Probably not your issue, just goes to show that visual inspection is one of the best tests.

Good luck!

Good luck!
Welcome to the forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts