Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 sportsman 800 with a camber issue. The right rear tire always has negative camber (top of tire is leaning in tward the centerline of chassis). The machine has never been wrecked and niether arm is bent and niether are the mounting points. There seems to be no play in the bushings that mount the knuckle to the arms or the bushings where the arms mount to the chassis. Even though I can't feel any slop in the bushings, is it likely that they're shot ant need to be replaced? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
05 sportsman 800 camber issue you propably have a sealed bearing bad,jack wheel up an

i have an 05 sportsman 800 with a camber issue. The right rear tire always has negative camber (top of tire is leaning in tward the centerline of chassis). The machine has never been wrecked and niether arm is bent and niether are the mounting points. There seems to be no play in the bushings that mount the knuckle to the arms or the bushings where the arms mount to the chassis. Even though i can't feel any slop in the bushings, is it likely that they're shot ant need to be replaced? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
you have a bearing in the rear wheel carrier it is a sealed bearing .i have had the same problem it is probably bad.had to change both of mine.this is why your camber is in at the top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts