Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 sportsman 90 with cable choke. My son ran it through a mild amount of water afterwards it would have trouble idling and running generally rough. Now it will start and run at low rpms but when I throttle it up it sputters pops and backfires. Sometimes it will run crappily and ride a little bit at half choke but it jerks and does the huckabuck. I have replaced the stator, coil, cdi box, carburetor, and resistor assembly. I checked the electronic throttle control switch as well. Oil pump is working as it should and injecting into the new carb. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

-Rob
Norfolk, VA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah I also bypassed both shut off switches by grounding the appropriate wires at the cdi box. Also checked the reed valves at the intake, which all looked to be in working order. I am stumped don't even know what else to throw at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should also mention with the new carb it will not stay running unless I give it a little throttle. It may have idled with the old carb because I turned the idle way up early in the game to compensate for running like crap.

·
Registered
721 Posts
How much compression does it have?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts