Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 Sportsman (carburated) that has an issue since new. When I get to 10,000 feet or above, the darn thing just will not get out of its own way. it sputters and chokes and has absolutely no speed. I have had it to 2 different dealers and 1 independant shop. the jets have been changed and the springs for the clutch have been changed. Does anyone have any other suggestions that might give me ANY power at altitude?? or do I have to trade up to a fuel injected unit??

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
when u say jets changed and springs changed, the shops re-jetted and re-clutched it for 10,000 feet, or they just put new jets and springs of what was in there in? OEM your machine does not come jetted and cluttched for 10,000 feet, not even close to it. if the shops did not follow the jetting and clutching chart right to set you up for 10,000 feet, then you will always have these problems. i would find out what weights are in your clutch, what jets are in ur carb, and what they shoudl be for 10,000 feet. thats where i would start

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry that its been so long for a reply, but we finally got it to a dealer that knew what they were doing. they changed the jets and the springs for the clutches and now there is no problem going to the hills

1 - 3 of 3 Posts