Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first sportsman today, took it on the trail for an hour and the belt busted. Bummer. So i went and bought a new one, put it on, and now the wheeler runs like crap. Has nothing to do with the belt. It boggs down at full throttle, backfires, and a half throttle, it seems to want to run off or accelerate rapidly. I dont know how to check for codes.... it does have a bliking wrench for about 10 sec and the goes away... I have checked everything and cant figure it out. Please help! I wanna go ride again tomorrow! Any help is appriciated.:nixweiss:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks like you have a code. The number of blinks indicate which circuit has a fault.
Sometimes it is just a loose connection (if your lucky)
You can try to disconnect the battery and check all electrical connections (Take a good look at the TPS sensor) then reconnect the battery and you may remedy the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the help. I got up and couldnt find nothing... So i changed the spark plugs. Problem solved. Guess i was thinking to hard! Runs great, and actually pulled a jeep out of the river today with it! :arco:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts