Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this Polaris a few weeks ago took it for a few short rides. After plowing snow one day notice a puddle in driveway all the antifreeze blew out so read up on it figured air in there so ran it let bubble come out. Plowed snow the other day got hot and boiled out shut her down right away when light came on. So went to start it last night and ran for maybe ten min not warm yet and antifreeze shooting out overflow tank hole. So I'm thinking pull radiator make sure that's clean new thermostat and I'm going to do a rad relocation kit to any thoughts? Any help let me know!?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hello and Welcome Neighbor!! :wave:

Here is what I'd look at first.....
1) Did you test the anti freeze's protection range?
2) Are the radiator fins clean or plugged with dirt, grass and mud from the previous owner? Remove and clean.
3) Is the radiator fan working? If No, does it spin.... If it spins, test the fan with a 12v supply. If the fan works, check the fan sensor next (forum search).
4) Replace Thermostat?

So on and so forth..... least expensive solution first and keep going from there until you find the root cause. Need I say it, but hopefully you don't have a bad head gasket or cracked block..... :sad:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts