Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 06 outlaw 525..

I have a lot of problems I need to fix.

First question is the air flow from the fan. Should it blow on the radiator or pull air from it?
Someone installed a switch to turn the fan on. The fan never turns on by it self.
When its on it blows air into the back of the radiator. The opposite direction air would naturally flow when driving. This don't make sense to me and I have overheating issues.

Today I switched wires around for the fan and its seems to work MUCH better but I ran into a new problem on my test drive. It would not startup after I stalled it out. It would just click like the battery was dead.. but fan was running strong.

After I got pulled out the wood I put it on the charger but it showed fully charged.

I taped on the starter and sparks jumped from it to the engine and it would then try to spin slow..

I took the starter off and held it to the engine for ground and it spins fast. But after cleaning grounds and reinstall it will only click.

Do I need a new starter? Is there a engine to frame ground wire I can try to clean?

Also there is oil leaking down from were the starter slides into the engine. The O-ring looks way to small... like 1/2 the thickness of the grove it sits in. Could oil get into the starter and cause my problem?

Ty

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so I'm not having any more overheating problems the fan was in reverse.

I do need a new starter, I got this one working after I open and cleaned it out.

So my next question.. I'm not finding much info/help online, and my local atv shop has never worked on one of these. He told me I should sell it! why?
Is the outlaw 525 a bad egg?

The more I ride it the more I look forward to getting it fixed up and keeping it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts