Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 predator 500 and when i got it the neutral light would flicker and the engine would backfire a lot. I wiggled the cords up front and it was good to go for about another 20-30 mins then would do the same thing. I noticed it a lot when riding in the snow, I thought the wires were getting wet and shorting out. One day I pulled the cover off with the ignition, fan switch, choke and indicator lights to look at the wiring. First thing I noticed is that the one indicator light, the temperature light did not have a second prong on it for the wire to attach to so they just shoved the copper wire up into it, I didn't have any problems with the temp light because it usually came on after the bike was pretty hot. I decided to replace that light with one that had the other prong on it but I didn't realize the new one was a 28v instead of a 14v. I replaced the neutral light also with a 28v instead of a 14v. After evaluating the wiring, I noticed the ignition assembly where the 4 wires run into was very loose and the wires would simply just fall out or become disconnected while riding leading to my neutral light flickering and causing the engine to back fire. After i rewired the ignition assembly and put everything back together I turned the key over and there was no neutral light... (at this point I didn't realize i replaced them with the wrong voltage light) Even though there was no indicator light saying I was in neutral, I knew for a fact I was.. the bike fired right up no problem. But then I replaced them with the old lights just as they had been before and they still will not light up. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts