Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I purchased two atvs about 2 weeks ago, and 1 of them makes alot of wierd noises.. Reading on some of the forums, people have mentioned that some polaris machines just sound like that.

Anyway, at idle and sitting around it sounds fine, starts no problem, and doesnt feel like anything is 'stuck'. Once you get moving, it sounds almost like stuff is rattling in the back end.. like a bunch of bolts in a can.. we've driven it about 8 hours so far, and while it sounds like its about to fall apart, it seems to be running just fine.. It's not a horrible noise, just alot different then the renegade. As you might be able to guess, I really don't know much about ATVs in general. I did look at the chain, it rests on the metal below it a bit when its in neutral, but as soon as its put into gear the chain tightens and seems to be off the metal.

The oil has been changed, new filter.. fluids etc look fine.. tomorrow i'll try to take a video using the camera and post that so you guys can hear what I mean. I could totally be worried about nothing.. Just want to be sure.

The machine itself is a 500 HO 4x4. It's had about 75 hours of riding time total -- at least thats what i was told. It's condition is pretty much mint, so at least it looks like ~75 hours use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the chain, I had someone else take a look at it, and they said I should grab a shop book and check out what its chain play should be. Long story short.. Chain tightened.. all better now :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts