Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beat the hell out of my machine today...not the first time.. And now..when I'm in high, and I smash the throttle from a stop, it revs really high-like stuck in low gear-before it abruptly transfers to a higher speed. Some noise coming from I believe the belt area..particularly at lower speed. I would just like to be prepared when I operate on her. This is my first automatic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check your clutches out eventually it will go. Parts to rebuild secondary usually 30-50 bucks depending how in depth you get could be more. Well I already forgot the belt so that's 60 or so. My clutch came apart and is in two pieces now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your time man. I'll clear a spot out in the garage and prepare for surgery. This will be the first time I open up the powertrain. I can't wait to see the mess I made inside

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me first start out by saying that I have learned a lot about these machines the past couple days. I took my machine out tonight and it performed worse than ever. Come to find out the belt wasn't even moving up the sheaves. I removed the belt and heard junk rattling around inside the secondary clutch. That would be the buttons. Time for a rebuild. Any suggestions for a rebuild kit geared more for a racing style ride with occasional heavy work? I also noticed that the primary clutch sheave is not perfectly smooth... You can tell where the belt has spent most of its life. Should I worry about that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would check out epi performance or Dalton clutches. I would at least get the sheaves checked out or take some pics and post them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts