Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 06 500 and since then seems like all I have done is work on it. Starter, battery went bad so I replaced battery. ran perfect put it on a trailer to go hunting didnt use it that day went to put her in the garage and would not start. It turns over and tries to start and if I time it right and hit the throttle and can keep it up enough to move but as soon as I let off throttle it dies. Now it doesnt seem to even want to start. going through the simple things spark plug air filter fuel filter but I am at a dead end with what it could be. Any help would be appreciated seeing as how snow will be in va soon.:hmmm:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its fuel injected. But I will clean injectors. Thanks. Does anyone know if you have to take clutch assembly off to get the starter off or is there a trick to the trade to squeeze it past clutch mounting bracket?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
t-bap sensor or wiring harness, wiggle on wires going to sensor, see if it gets better or worse , common problem on efi machines, you can usually replace the plug in and wiring, there is a kit for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will check that. what is the t-bap sensor. may be a stupid question but all this is new to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts