Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I picked up a project bike, it has been sitting for over a year. well a little back story It had a dead battery so I got a new one, it started up and idled by itself so I thought all was good. I went for a ride and if I ease on the gas it dies and if I chop the throttle the rpms rise but it spits sputters or dies. so I put new spark plugs same issues. next thing I did was added sea foam to the tank to help maybe clean the injectors. pump comes on and primes not sure of the pressure its my next step, there are no engine codes either. so anyone have any idea on something else to try?? ive ben reading and seams the tbap has issues but im not throwing any codes

short version lol
bike idles fine wont rev it spits sputters or dies, new battery and spark plugs. no codes,

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What is the bike..... Guessing it's a 2006 & EFI, but what size/model?

Did you replace the fuel? If no, I'd drain the tank and put in new fuel and your dose of seafoam to clean the injectors, ect.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry I thought I posted it was an 800, yeah I drained the tank added fresh fuel and sea foam. today I took the injectors out and cleaned them but noticed the rubber boot that has the t-bap sensor was dry rotted and has a hole in it so I ordered a new one will be here soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts