Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a used Hawkeye that did not run... went through the whole bike and did a complete service on it... in Neutral i can max out the throttle and see the primary and secondary working ( make sure they were) then when i go to take it for a test drive i cant get it up over 18 mph or so... it just starts to miss almost like a rev limiter. i did put it in reverse and mash the override button and had no problems... really feel like electrical like a rev limiter, because in neutral there is no problem... please help trying to get ready for my son's b day....:aargh4:

thanks in advance....

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Try unplugging the black wire going to the rev limiter. Could also be a problem in the clutches. Worn secondary buttons or binding primary. They both won't shift out properly in neutral as the secondary is torque sensing and doesn't shift very far without the resistance of the drive line and weight of the machine against it.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try unplugging the black wire going to the rev limiter. Could also be a problem in the clutches. Worn secondary buttons or binding primary. They both won't shift out properly in neutral as the secondary is torque sensing and doesn't shift very far without the resistance of the drive line and weight of the machine against it.
where is the blach wire your talking about... i had a second secondary and swapped them out but same thing...

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts