Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Buddy you have yourself one beat to sh!t 800. So no matter what machine you have if it's been beat to sh!t well it's going to in my experience keep breaking. With that said the Polaris 800 was one of the best built ATV's ever produced. Also one of the best values for your money. The only reason Polaris stopped making them is because the engine wasn't designed to produce gobs of horse power. Like I said previously it's built for torque. It's was marketed as a work/play machine. Whereas the new market wants Horse Power at the top of the list.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the reply. I would agree with you that any atv that's beat up will give you problems, but yea this bike isn't what I'm looking for as far as hp and speed. It topes out at 50 where my 570 tops 70 np! Any advice on how to fix the fuel leak?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Honestly I'm impressed with this atv that it still runs after all it's been through. Its prolly been sunk a couple times due to the exhaust and snorkel having holes when I first got it. Goal is to get it running cond and sell or trade it for a 850 or 1000 sportsman or scrambler.

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Pull them and see if the o-rings are bad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Np: no problem
And the 570 is modded to heck, prolly makes 55hp or more
And I'll look up a yt vid on the injectors.. hopefully I wont have to send too much on it as I'm already in over my head on this one. Heres a pic of the 570- has clutch kit and tuner and exhaust...u name it

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The 800 might have some clutch issues come to think of it as it did blow a belt when I hit 53. That's the highest I could get it to go.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts