Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to the forum and i am having problems with my bike. lately it started ticking in the top end of the motor and blowing a little bit of white smoke. i took it in to southpaw motorsports here in west jordan utah and they said it needs a top end rebuild and a new cam chain and a new piston valves and some other things i dont remember. the cost of all this was 1015 dollars. i was blown away! it also wont start on its own so i have to pull start it but after that it runs but still with the ticking noise and the smoke. any ideas, info as to what could be wrong or what should i do? any help is much appreciated. thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like valve seals are bad and possibly other things as well.. not starting and smoke points to valve seals leaking oil on top of piston, getting spark plug covered in oil which would cause it not to start on its own but when you pull start it it eventually burns enough oil off the plug to fire. But while its apart might as well do a new piston and rings.. valves and such can be checked when replacing the seals!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts