Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im Ethan, im new to the forums and i have alot of problems with my sportsman 450. i went riding one day, then all of a sudden, it stopped itdling. then a couple weeks later i tried starting it, turned over once, then the starter just made a clicking noise, its not a dead battery, and the last thing is i was pull starting it the other day, pulled fine once, the second time it shot back in, and then it was really hard to pull back out, and now it wont go back in. If you guys have any ideas whats wrong, help would be nice.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
might be worthwile to do a compression check, or pull the spark plug out, and then see if you can finese the recoil rope back in. if you pull the plug, make sure you blow compressed air around it before you remove it so dirt doesnt happen to fall into the cylinder

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found out why the pull cord wouldnt go back in, i took the housing apart and found out that the plastic pulley wheel inside was cracked, went out and bought a new one along with the coil spring to. Now i just need to know whats wrong with the electric start

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update, i was messing around with the idle screw yesterday, and ever since i went below 1300rpm, it will not turn over, i turned it back up and nothing yet, is it flooded?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts