Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a great shop that can repair a cvt clutch on a 07 sportsman 500 H.O.? Unit has a new belt with clean clutches. The rpms rev very high in high range only. Then will slowly come down and grab the belt if I lift the throttle when on the trail. Thinking it's probably the drive clutch. Any suggestion will be very appreciated!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got a used 800 when I put it into High then press the throttle it revs up and then grabs, bad bad sound. Clutch and belt are mint. Know one seems to know maybe we have the same problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably so! I just don't want to buy a new clutch and that not be it. I'll let u know if I get mine fixed to fill u in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my clutch and belt are in good shape, I took it to the dealer, he's first guess once he heard it is the trans.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
sounds like the front clutch. jack it up on all fours and take the belt inspection cover off and watch it do it's thing. the front one should start grabbing the belt first and soon,if you have the correct belt on. use some compressed air to blow out the front clutch .they get all kinds of dirt on them .that may be your sticking problem. check for broken springs, stuck weights

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took mine to the shop on wensday, and told him I needed it back for next weekend, I got the "shouldn't be a problem we should get to it today" speach now it's Saturday and they still havn't touched it. I would rather have a good machanic then a good doctor any day of the week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2005 Polaris Sportsman 700, Clutch Problem ????

Just put a new Belt on, Clutch Grabs Belt At Idle, And the Atv Goes Forward By it's Self, Any Specific Area On clutch need to check?

Any Idea's Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got word on mine, I guess I was looking to hard. It turns out there was a bend in part of the frame (nothing to drastic) that was stopping the linkage from fully engaging into high gear, thats why it would rev up then grab.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts