Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got ATV week ago ran fine all week with wife and I riding around. Had a few issues when I traded dirtbike for it. Pull start gone, air box tab broke so ordered new air box and recoil housing and installed. Decided to go ride by myself today. Ride a bit hard for 1/2 hour went down a big hill about 1/4 mile long at about 50° slope in low gear letting the engine break hold me back. Rode around a field real fast and headed back up hill and that's when it started.at about 3/4 throttle in high in 2wd it started spitting and slowly just died while I went to full throttle. Started back up put in high died. Started back up reved it a few rimes sounded good pit in lowed creeped a few feet started dying gave it full throttle just died again. Started again put in high gave throttle went about 20 feet slowly dying quit. Worked my way back up hill like this till on flag land rover for a min in idle and took off got to about 45 mph and at full throttle it was like the kill switch was hit holding full throttle and rolled to a stop like it was flooding or something. Got to garage and let cool for two hours came back out started it and it idle for a.min and die. Start back up idle fine backed out took off in high gave it full throttle and go faster than like someone hit kill switch with a bit of sputtering. Start idle good same stuff all over again. Any ideas what might be problem or where to start looking? I rebuilt plenty of sportsman engines from 97-01 but this efi is totally foreign to me and I am pretty confident engine is fine sounds like fuel/elec problem just don't have a clue where to start thanks for any and all suggestions - Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts