Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Okay old pump is back in, wiring harness repaired, and still will not start! I primed the system per the service manual and can hear the pump cycle. It almost started at first try, primed three more times and still will not start.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It may take a while to get fuel flowing. Do you have fuel at the injector?
Mark

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Make sure you reset the previous codes by disconnecting the battery for about 20-30 seconds. Do you still have the same codes?

You mentioned that you previously replaced the TPS. Did you recalibrate it (set the position)?

Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just an update after hunting this weekend. The new pump was inoperative and would not run even with direct power. Put old pump back on, can here it prime, disconnected hose and flow seemed weak not 39 psi. Today hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and the reading was around 4 psi. Ordered new fuel pump and hopefully problem will be solved. All of the codes have been reset and the TPS recalibrated. Thanks Mark for the help.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
No problem. Let us know how things work out.

Mark

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
14,088 Posts
What was your out come? I have a 2007 500 X2 EFI with exact same issue and needing some help.
Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
14,088 Posts
What was your out come? I have a 2007 500 X2 EFI with exact same issue and needing some help.
Thanks in advance
This thread is more than 10 years old!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts