Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the redline rpm on a 2007 sportsman 500EFI. I have a EFI programmer on it and with the new heavier tires i put on it was bogging down with to much fuel on the top end. It would only get up to 40-45 mph and run about 5800rpm. Turned back the high end fuel alittle and it got it going pretty good again. I just dont want to over adjust and run the engine too high.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Redline, is when your engine stops making usable power. If you cant find it anywhere. Put it in neutral with it warmed up, put your display on rpm. Then rev it up till the rev limiter kicks in, then note the rpm. This will Not blow it up, just don't rev it for very long. I would like the rpms to be No more than a thousand away from rev-l while riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
how do you like the FMF Programmer on your 500?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like my FMF programer. Its easy to change settings and made a big difference in throttle response. Although i found that i really didn't have to change it from the settings it came with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 1994 Polaris Sortsman 400L 4BY4 and I wanna do some mods and not sure what wood be good idea, plus I want tires, trail riding I perfer and idunno the size of the rims or tires? Help plz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts