Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sportsman died two years ago and I finally got the stator replaced. I finished getting it back together and I went to start it the display would flash and it would not turn over (did not appear it through a full start sequence i.e. all the noises I remembered hearing EFI and such). I turned the key on and off multiple times and the display finally stopped flashing and it was able to start it. I ran for 30 sec or so and died. I tried to start it again and it started flashing again and would not start. I left the key on for a while and the display stopped flashing and i was able to start it up. I was able to ride it around for 10 min or so and it put it back in the shop for the night.

I went back today to change the oil, and it would not start again. All it got was a flashing display and it would not start. I took a video with my phone and I hope it will help someone tell me what to do next.

Thanks,

Mike

Video of problem

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Disconnect the stator and try it.

Sean

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Mike, I have a 2007 500 efi x2 and am chasing a very similar problem. My problem started with a similar flashing speedo. My bike started one time, ran fine and then I parked it for a week and would not start again. Now my speedo does not flash anymore and I only get an electrical clicking noise when I turn the key to the on position. My dealer told me is probably the main computer as they have had this issue on this year and model.

I am tearing my bike down to try to get this fixed and will keep posting as I learn more.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
8 Posts
Follow up:

After researching the issue I described above, I ended up replacing the computer (part #4011657) and the battery. My '07 still had the original battery. Problem solved!

Good luck,
Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts