Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us went out Sat. for a ride, my quad was running fine until I stopped and turned it off for a break. I tried to restart it, it ran for about a second and stalled and kept doing it for about 10 min., I screwed around with the throttle cable adjuster and eventually it started..... idle was about 2250, but any lower and it would stall, I was going to head home, on the way I noticed when I let off of the throttle it would back fire LOUD and high pitched (if that matters). I stopped again, shut it off, backed the throttle cable off to try to lower the idle, and let it sit for about 10 min. I took all the tension out of the cable so that there was about 1/8" play again (where it was before all this started), it started right up and ran fine after that (until today, it wont start again).

So I don't think it's the safety switch in the throttle (btw, the entire throttle assembly is only less than a year old) as the quad would AND wouldn't run with the same play in the cable..... anything else I could look at? possibly the TPS took a crap?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? I wanna ride but I cant trust it to keep running the way it should, I don't want to just start throwing parts at it, too expensive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your response..... correct me if I'm wrong but cant you just measure the voltage from the yellow (I believe) wire and adjust the tps till I get 1.12v?

the issue is intermittent except when it comes to cold starts, then I have to hold my thumb on the gas till the engine warmed up, otherwise it would stall, but once it was warm, it would run just fine. The issue I posted about here is the first time for it happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts