Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 07 sportsman 700. Only has 200 hours on it, done a lot of sitting over the years. Had no battery when I got it, I put a brand new one in it. It started and ran but had a miss. I replaced the fuel pump with the carter upgrade and it ran great for a day. Parked it for a week now it won’t start. Fuel pump doesn’t prime, only getting 4.8 volts to the pump even when the key first comes on. Fuel gauge disappeared from the cluster, and I’m getting codes for both injectors and a transmission code. I’m thinking ecm or pdm. Relays and fuses are good.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Check the battery voltage - sounds like a dead battery - might have a charging system problem or key off draw draining the battery or both

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It cranks over great but doesn’t fire. I even tried just running 12 volts straight to the pump and cranking it, still wouldn’t fire, so for some reason it’s not getting spark or fuel when I try to start it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No spark, no fuel either. Put a new pdm/voltage regulator on it and still nothing. I’m kind of at a loss here

·
8,951 Posts
I hope you didn't kill the new pump by running 12v to it. If I'm not mistaken they run on something like 9vdc max. That still wouldn't explain the no spark but might explain the no fuel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve got an 05 800, would the ecm swap over to see if that’s the problem? They look the same externally but idk about internally.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so the wires going to and from the pdm, the red and black have 12 volts and good ground but the yellow wires going out to the other plug have nothing. Is this normal?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts