Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I am a long time Polaris owner that is looking for a little bit of help. My tie rod ends on my 07 were shot so I ordered a set of after market tie rod assemblies from High Lifter. When I went to install them I found out that each tie rod assembly was about 3" too long. I called High Lifter and told them about this and they insisted they were the correct part number and that's what fits my Sportsman. Well after sending them pictures of them side by side with my originals they where shocked. They think that I have some weird Polaris steering set up. Can anyone roughly measure their tie rod assembly lengths from bolt to bolt and post their measurements here? I would appreciate it. Mine measure at 14 1/4". I also could not get both of the after market inners to bolt to the steering shaft at the same time because they are too big of a Heim joint. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
11,666 Posts
They are definitely the wrong part. I'd send them back for refund. I'm curious as to why you didn't just get new ends rather than complete tie rod assemblies?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They are definitely the wrong part. I'd send them back for refund. I'm curious as to why you didn't just get new ends rather than complete tie rod assemblies?
I would have sent them back but they did not give me the option to return them. They told me they were the correct parts for my Sportsman. What they did was give me the manufacture's phone # and told me it was their problem. Nice customer service isnt it? Bye the way, they are manufactured by American Star which is building me a custom set of HD Tie Rods. They think I got some one off Sportsman but I checked the part #s from 06 to 08 and all the same part #. Thats why i was wondering what everyone's tie rod assemblies measure at. The part # on these replacements has a 1375 # in it which stands for the length of the tie rod. My stock tie rod is 12 1/2" without the ends with the ends screwed all the way on its measures at 13 3/4". So you can see where they effed up. the used a 13 3/4" tie rod then added their ends which made the assembly 17" in length. They keep telling me that they are correct. even after I sent them pics. They claim they never had this problem but when i look at HL reviews one other cust. had the same problem and is still waiting for a refund since 5/13. The length is not the only problem. The inner joints wont fit. enough of me rambling on. Why didn't I just buy the ends? Well for $149 i got 2 complete HD tie rod assemblies. I have gone through 9 Polaris brand ends so far. So I am looking for something that is gonna last. So please see if you can just roughly measure you tie rod assemblies from bolt to bolt for me , thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow over 70 views and not one person could post me a quick measurement to help me out. I guess no one else has an 06-08 sportsman. I gotta say I am a little disappointed.

·
11,666 Posts
Rrudzi, you already have the correct measurements. I'm not sure what else you want. They sent you the wrong parts and apparently refuse to make it right. File a complaint with the BBB if you can't get satisfaction. Then go on ebay and get a set of tie rod ends to fix your machine and chalk it up to experience to not deal with them in the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rrudzi, you already have the correct measurements. I'm not sure what else you want. They sent you the wrong parts and apparently refuse to make it right. File a complaint with the BBB if you can't get satisfaction. Then go on ebay and get a set of tie rod ends to fix your machine and chalk it up to experience to not deal with them in the future.
Yes I have the correct measurements for my machine, They insist that I have a different set up then any other Sportsman that's why I wanted a few measurements of other Sportsmans to prove them wrong.

·
11,666 Posts
Ok, here's the parts listing from Cycle Parts Warehouse for a 2007 Sportsman 700 tie rod assembly. It is 1/2"- 20 threads per inch x 14.16" long

20 ASM-TIE ROD,1/2-20X14.16 ([Incl. 14-19] )

Here is a link to the site page:

http://www.cyclepartswarehouse.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

Here's the same thing from BikeBandit.com

20: ASM-TIE ROD,1/2-20X14.16

2007 Polaris 700 Sportsman EFI A07MH68AX/AY/AZ Parts, 2007 Polaris 700 Sportsman EFI A07MH68AX/AY/AZ OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

I don't know what other "proof" you could need??

·
11,666 Posts
Oh yeah, its not an odd ball either. My 06 800 uses the same thing.
21: ASM-TIE ROD,1/2-20X14.16

So does a 2005 sportsman 500 HO
21: ASM-TIE ROD,1/2-20X14.16

And a 2009 500 Touring
1A: ASM-TIE ROD,1/2-20X14.16

Polaris has used the same tie rod assemblies on multiple machines for many years. I'm sure I've convinced you by now. I'd ask to talk to a manager or something if the AHole on the phone insists he knows more about it than you and I do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts