Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I have a 2007 sportsman 800 X2. As soon as the bike starts to move the speedometer jumps right up to 70MPH. I checked all the wires I could see to ensure the connections were together tight. Appears ground related…any ideas? I have not pulled the speedo from the pod yet. Bike has not been wet recently.

Any ideas? The tach, clock, hours all work.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
421 Posts
theres a wheel speed sensor on the right wheel. think its about $40. thats your problem. you can test the wheel sensor but some electronic skills are needed to build a test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Do these go bad or could it be a bad connection? Do you have a part number for that sensor by any chance?

·
Registered
421 Posts
they are prone to. i had a 335 sportsman and about a yr later i had one go out. at slow speeds it say i was going 60 or more. some times i wasnet moving and id be going way faster than i was moving.
here is a part number:

SKU: 4010298 SENSOR,HALL EFFECT 1 $59.61

this should include the part that bolts to the front brake and a wire with a plug on the end with 3 wires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Folks,

As a follow-up when I went to the dealer to order the hall sensor I spoke to a service guy and he indicated if everything was working (all wheel drive, reverse governor etc) that it would not be the hall sensor and that it was the speedometer cluster. I purchased a new one, installed it and everything is good to go now.

Thanks for the help and I hope this info helps the next ATV’r.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
421 Posts
well to bad it would have been the hall sensor. it been cheaper... least you got it fixed.

oh though id ask you still got that speedo?

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts