Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My machine started overheating with the "hot" showing up in the dash roughly 15mins into a ride... After alot of trouble shooting, took the water pump cover off to see the impeller has NO FINS left and is cracked in half. Sk yes, I've ordered a new aluminum o e and will doe the seals while I'm in there...
WHERE DID THE FINS GO?? STUCK IN THE MOTOR? (how can I flush that out?). I cant imagine the plastic fins getting past the thermostat?and into the rad? Guess I'm flushing that out too,
lol!

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
They are either ground up in tiny pieces or were flushed to the top of the radiator and are just laying there, but it's unlikely they are in the engine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little update... flushed rad and motor out just in case debris was in there, seen nothing suspicious come out.
Put it all back together and burped and burped and burped the system. Seems like the fan now refuses to come on and I'm sure it's to a temp that it should be coming on.... pulled the temp sensor off the motor and fan starts right up (so that works). I'm wondering if I have a pocket of air in there that's giving me a prob...I'm afraid that if I drive it I'll cook the motor... maybe I should drive it with the temp sensor off (fan on constantly ) and see what happens..?
Any suggestions?
20210314_141146.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts