Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can i put rims & tires that are size: The 2 front tires are size 26x8x14 and the back tires are size 26x10x14.

Mine currently are 25x8x12 & 25x11x12 but i like the rims and tires of the bigger size.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
What rims are those tires on? I thought the stock 800 X2 rims were originally 12" not 14". What are you putting them on, I can't see your atv on tapatalk.

Guessing that you're riding a 500 HO. If the rims are aftermarket, then they should fit without a problem since most aftermarket rims can accommodate the hub. The size of the tires will not be a problem.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are telling me they are polaris rims, and i'm riding an 07 Sporstman 800 X2 with currently 25x8x12 & 25x11x12.
It appears that the larger size would work but just not positive.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Yes you can. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
They are telling me they are polaris rims, and i'm riding an 07 Sporstman 800 X2 with currently 25x8x12 & 25x11x12.
It appears that the larger size would work but just not positive.

The 14" OEM Polaris XP rims don't usually work on value line models without spacers because of the way the hubs are IIRC :thinking: do you know what machine they came off of or have a pic??

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Hey bgirard I've seen a couple of the value line with 14" wheels bolted on, didn't realize you needed spacers. It makes since though.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hey bgirard I've seen a couple of the value line with 14" wheels bolted on, didn't realize you needed spacers. It makes since though.

I've never actually done it, but I was thinking about doing it for the 500 so I researched it a bit. I think the castle nut and bulge in the hub gets in the way when you try to mount up the XP rims because the center hole isn't big enough to accommodate it, so you have to add the spacers to get clearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts