Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I need some advice. I have an 07 sportsman 700 Efi, and I have noticed my rear end is starting to sit down lower. And, you can actually pick up on the back rack and raise the rear end up and it will stay in place until you put weight on the back again.

I figured that my shocks were shot for the loads of deer corn this season, but the more I read, it seems liker stiffer springs could be the proper fix, and mean I don't have to spend the money on shocks.

Anybody dealt with this? Also any suggestions for some nice heavy duty replacement springs/shocks? I carry heavy loads pretty often and sometimes another rider.

And lastly, any links to some instructions on how to replace these things, or helpful tips would be MUCH appreciated.

·
11,641 Posts
The shocks have nothing to do with sag. They only dampen the springs. EPI or HL HD springs is what you need. Go to Advance auto parts store and they will loan you a spring compressor. Squeeze the spring down, remove the keeper, pull out the shock, release the spring, then squeeze the new spring, insert the shock and install the keeper...very easy.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I bought my last set of HD springs from Thor at the ATV Superstore. My new ride will be getting some HD springs before next winter on all 4 corners. I believe they are the EPI springs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm gonna go with the high lifters. They claim to add 100lbs. Which seems like the most.

Thanks for the help, this forum Is the shiznit. You guys rock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts