Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.....
New to the site..... but I posted the other day about a lift kit on my buggy and from the responses. I got I felt it best to start over and build it (better/right) so I am starting this thread for myself and others to follow. As I embark on this journey....
I have an 08 Polaris sportsman 800 that I just bought on the middle of the night and upon sunrise realized that maybe I got beat but I will not let that get the best of me.....it ran and rode it. But wasn't 100% sure of the issues until now. (Total basket case) fixable but wish I hadn't done it.....
So I instantly went out and bought a parts buggy (700 sportsman) for the body and other odds and ends. That once I got home found out it ran really great so I sold the motor out of it and made the parts buggy free....(SWEET!)
THEN traded the transmission for a warrior riser snorkel kit.....(AWESOME).
And upon checking on the lift kit it has on it I have determined that it isn't worth the time or money to fool with it anymore...
So I am gonna take the 700 frame have it powder coated (florescent green) and build it up....clean up the motor and trans (new belt/water pump/valve cover gasket/etc.) And put it in. Rebuild the front and rear diffs. Assemble and figure out the best option to color the body... [paint/wrap/dip/etc]. This will be a play toy that will get used bit I'm by no means a mudder kinda a weekend fun guy who likes to sit at the mud hole and watch the action.....
So I hope you all enjoy the progress and any info or tips or suggestions you wanna pass along please feel free....this whole atv thing is new to me.....
Thanks
BLU

·
Premium Member
8,215 Posts
Very cool very cool. I like these kind of deals. Bring them back to life and build them better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can anybody point me in the direction of rear long arms that won't break the bank trying to go 6" lift thanks......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts