Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 outlaw keeps wanting to over heat iv done the thermostat delete and I'm only running engine ice coolent I ride in Ohio were it gets to the 90s in the summer I mostly do mudding and trail riding and yes even on the dry days where the radiator don't get covered in mud it still likes to over heat at times it's got the stock jetting is there anything else I could do to help this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mods except the theremastat delete all stock no air in the system fan kicks on and off when it should and the radiator is clean

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
like mentioned by other members KTM forum members will have more knowledge and past experiences with your model.
Did u just recently buy this atv ?? i don't know if this applies to ur model but maybe someone advanced the timing on it to get more power , some sport models you can advance timing when installing a aftermarket bracket but it can make ur engine run hotter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I have never heard of annyone removeing a thetmostat on a atv. On a car that will cause a overheat because of no restriction of the coolant let's it pass through the radiator too fast not giveing it time to cool. This would be more important on a atv because of the small radiator. Why was the thermostat removed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same year and model atv with the same issue. Usually I'm fine until the mud and dirt start to fill the radiator. I recently did the thermostat delete as well and it helped a little. It is a common thing to do on this model atv. I'm ready to get rid of mine and go to a Sportsman XP 1000!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts