Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2008 Sportsman 300. After burying myself in a mudhole, I realized the AWD wasn't engaging. It doesn't want to go at all, I am familiar with the fact that the rear wheels must spin before it will engage.

My battery tests out OK and my wiring down into the front differential is working a and tests out OK as well. I have drained and replaced the Demand Drive Fluid and that did nothing for me as well.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions before I tear the differential apart. I've read that it could very well be the plastic roller cage in the differential? But are there any other issues I should check into first?

It rides perfectly, the diff fluid that i drained looked good though it had some fine metallic flake in it which I have read seems normal.

So anyways, if someone has some thoughts let me know. I really appreciate any help.

(Also if it is the plastic roller cage in the differential, what else should I replace while I'm in there??? And any suggestions on getting parts somewhere other than my dealer? It is a less common ATV so I don't know that parts are interchangeable at all)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You no i think i'm having the same problem still checking things out.hoping that somebody out ther will come back with a answer before i put a match on it. I hate problems with my quad. Hunting is almost here and i don't need these problems right now....help

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
24 Posts
My buddy just had his 09 500 in for something similar. He was unable to get AWD in high On his tranny there is a six position rotary switch that had gone bad. The part was $60 and about 20 minutes work from my understanding. It may be the same for you. Check it out and see what you find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
300 sportsman

thanks,for such a quick responce, i will get right on it. hope this is the problem.at least i have a starting point..

mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts