Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a line on an '08 Sportsman 500 FI for $4000---it was an HSBC repo, and has a crack in the back left fender, and has about 140 hrs on it. Beyond the crack, it looks pretty tight. Just curious if this is a good deal, or should I keep looking--I'm fairly new to ATV's, but have been riding motorcycles for years. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
sounds like a fair deal but with that many hours how are the tires keep in mind your talking about 300 to 400 dollers for tires, does it have a winch or any thing else this benefits you if you dont have to buy it later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a fair deal but with that many hours how are the tires keep in mind your talking about 300 to 400 dollers for tires, does it have a winch or any thing else this benefits you if you dont have to buy it later.
Wheels and tires look fairly new--matter of fact, it looks like maybe there was a recent tire/wheel upgrade done. No winch in the deal, but considering the type of riding I'll be doing (mostly trails), I can add a winch later on if need be.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
sounds like a pretty good deal. have a shop do a compression check though. shouldnt be an issue but that will give you a fairly good idea what kind of condition the top end is in. just check for any cracked rubber parts, bent or broken parts, home-welded back together parts, andything of that nature. shocks shouldnt be leaking, shock piston should be clean. listen for any exhaust leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts