Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 90 sportsman and it has a bracket attached to the lower end of the rear swing arm, it is flat plate mounted and tubular in the back, it protrudes outward toward the back of the machine. I looked on the microfice and cannot locate it, so I dont know what it is called, however my son has been using it to affix a small trailer to. Well the part is broke on one side and I want to get it replaced with a new one, does anyone know what this part is??

See Attached pic for general location and size, in red.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
take it to a welder and have it fixed. If you know someone with a welder even better. They will probably be able to fix it pretty quickly and if you're lucky, free of charge. Saves the time and effort of trying to take down a part that you don't know what it's called or the part number for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But its on almost every 2008 90 that i've seen. We have 3 of these atv's in the family and each one has it on them. It might be to protect the rear, maybe a skid plate or something.

see pic, red arrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
its there to protect the sprocket and the brake drum from rocks and stumps etc. It has a bar from one to the other to keep it stiff and prevent it from getting bent by tying the two sides together. Get it welded and keep riding.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Be careful with that. The next thing you will be replacing is the rear swing arm, and they are not cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts