Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out riding the snowmobile trails, trying out my new Grim Reapers, and getting one last ride in, I only go for about 20-25 miles from the house, just enough to freeze my ass off. So got done with the trail got back on the road for the mile ride back to the house, when at high RPM I heard something rattling, now I think it is possibly just needs a valve adjustment but I really am not sure it goes away when the RPM drops then I here it when I get back on it, but when I pulled into garage and had it in park and revved it up I heard nothing. I think I will probably start with valves because it sounded on top of the engine, and I have not done this yet and I have 205 hours and 1875 miles on her.

But I also have an issue going on with the front gear case, I think my coil for the ADC is shorting somewhere. Also have a check engine light 25--Transmission Input-Invalid Gear, this shuts off when I take it out of AWD and does not come back on in 2 wheel drive.

Here is the link for that issue.
http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-sportsman/52190-front-differential.html

So any help with these issues would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
800 is OHV so no valve adjustment necessary IIRC.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be retarded but what is IIRC

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Sorry... If I Remember Correctly

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that makes sense don't do facebook so not all up on

Could it be possibly just a loose rocker then because thats about all it could be correct

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also what about timing i know its gears not a chain so don't think its that but just tryin to think of things

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Hydraulic lifters on the 800. No valve adjustments. Could be a collapsed lifter, but I would suspect something in the clutches or drive line first.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess I get dumbass of the year award. I like to think I do good maintenance and I keep my quad in good running condition. Then I got to thinking about a month ago, I knew my service schedule was a little bit over due and I thought, this year I should really check my BELT because I was really not sure how long a belt should last. :damnit:

Well I guess I found out the hard way and scared the crap out of myself in the process. So yeah the belt shredded making small rubber pieces that when hit with a spinning clutch make a lot of noise like metal clanking around. It also blew up bad enough that it cut a hole through the cover :damnit::damnit:

So I guess I figured this one out, thanks for all the ideas guys maybe next time I should do my maintenance. LOL:werd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts