Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Ranger XP with the Polaris 45oo# winch. Over the weekend the winch stopped working and i am trying to figure out what the problem can be. I can hear the solenoid ckicking when i use the switch on the shifter as well as the wired remote but the motor does not run. Where can I get a wiring diagram to figure out if the winch motor is bad. Any ideas on a replacement winch?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
my first instinct and experiences tells me the solenoid is probably still the problem. first thing is to get a test light, hook on end up to one terminal, put the other end on the other terminal, and have someone click the winch in and out, if the test light lights up, you know the winch is getting power and it is back, if it doesnt light up, then test the in/out switch next using the same method, if it lights up again, then test at the solenoid terminals on the blue and yellow cables the same as the winch to see if the solenoid is allowing power to go to those terminals

sorry for the crappy quality, but i drew a wiring diagram on MS paint, the wiring is really pretty simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I did what you suggested and it looks like the motor is bad. Tore it off tonight and will try to get it repaired. Thanks for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts