Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having problems with my atv leaning out it was so bad it would barely run but ive cleaned the connection at the MAIN fuse and at the kill switch and now it just backfires upon decel

wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what other connections attribute to the fuel pump

·
11,130 Posts
What makes you think its running lean? Is the plug white? Is it running hot? Sounds like you may only need to adjust the ETC.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No ive checked the etc its backfireing on decel popping like crazy while plowing snow and decelarating and the reason i inially thought is was leaning, out is it would start up n run n slowly get worse over a few seconds (loseing fuel pressure) then backfire through throttle body i cmleaned all my sensors and it didnt help....cleaned
The electricle connections stated and it runs fine except backfireing on dyecel(lean)...any ideas??

R

·
Registered
422 Posts
You say you have modified the stock exhaust. I'm guessing you opened it up? When I put drag pipes on my Harley, which is FI, it would pop and backfire on decel until I got it dyno tuned. The FI on these machines can only compensate for so much.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the modified exhause never cause a problem before but it did drop down to -30c soi guess the denser air k&n filter and stock exhaust could be causeing this but because every comnection i clean it keeps getting better n better im still set on another connection somewhere

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The TPS may need to be adjusted, you may have a leak at the throttle body boot, or a modded exhaust may have leaned it out at the cold temps. If you don't find any leaks or obvious issues I would recommend you go back to a stock exhaust and see if it goes away. If so then you will need a tuner to correct the lean condition. No O2 sensors on these things like cars to adjust for stuff like exhaust and intake mods. They are simply programmed to put a certain amount of fuel in the cylinder based on RPM and TPS position.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never thought about tps doesnt the dealer have to do that.....and ive taken it off and put it back on is there anything that can mechanicaly be adjusted that might of moved out of adjustment when removing it.....wouldnt the idle be out of adjustment, everythings runs fine now just backfires ...also wouldnt a intake leak cause it to run crappy on accel as well as decel...i did rip the gasket into the motor from intake and replaced it with gasket silicone ive done that on my other quads n have never had a problem

Any help appreciated, thnx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts