Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the rack extension for my x2 tonight, there was only 2 bolts with it. instructions says to use existing bolts on cover, i csnnot remember seeing them there, am i missing something?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yes, look at how the rack ext fits. the two bolts that come in the kit, you will use in the hole you have to drill. the other two existing bolt they are referring to are the black, round, tox head bolts that are used to bolt down the metal lips that run accross the top of the box. when you put the rack ext. over the box, you will see the front two threaded holes will line up with two of those torx bolts. you then open the box, put a wrench on the nut on the back side, unscrew those torx bolts, and flip them to the inside of the box where the nut was so they screw into the rack ext.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, i installed it today, to stop water from entering around the holes i put some automotive goop on the bottom legs of the rack before i bolted them on, that goop will stick to anything and will last a long time. waiting for my winch to arrive, hope to get it by this weekend, right now warn is out of my price range and i don't like superwinches so i bought a Runva, and i am going to make my own mount for the winch, my coffee drinking buddy is into metal fab work so he has the tools to do it. Also got some mirrors to go on it, gonna fab up some brackets to mount on the windsheild bracket so when the windsheild comes off so will the mirrors. will post some pictures when done

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Scott09. Also have an 09 sportsman x2. Added front and rear brushguards and a front rack extender. Took a little muscle to line up the rack extender. Good hint on the automotive goop. When the weather warms up I will waterproof it. Have fun with the x2!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your right, it did take some muscle to get the rack extender on. next to buy will be some bush guards. I would like to find some fender extenders but i can't find any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts