Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im a new member to this site and had a general question regarding my recent purchase....

I just baught a brand new 09' Trailblazer 330. This is my first quad ive ever owned and am just getting familiar with everything. I cant find many posts on this board or the internet on this model, Not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing but I had some basic questions that i was hoping to have answered.

I only have about 4-5 hours on the quad but have noticed that when i shift gears i hear a grinding or a clanking noise right before it gets into gear...
(yes i hold in the brake and push the shift lever all the way up or down depending on what gear i want to go to). It sounds pretty ugly and didnt know if this was a normal sound or not when shifting.

Another question i had and was hoping to have answered was I know after 10 hours of use your supposed to change all fluids and do maintanence(change transmission fluid, oil and filter, zerk fittings, chain lube, tighten chain). I didnt know if i should do anything else. A friend of mine told me i might want to adjust the valves but he wouldnt do it and would have the dealer do it for me, is this true for this model of quad?

I want to make sure i made the right decision in choosing Polaris as my very first quad. Im 25, as a kid my parents just couldnt ever afford 1, i just want to take good care of it and make sure nothing breaks...And would like to save money before i take it to the dealer..(they will want $65 just to bring it in the door)

Any answer at all will be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...Yet another question, sorry, but also how do you reduce the idle on the trailblazer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out how to adjust the idle, theres just a screw that you can either loosen/tighten....does anyone know about the gear shifting if thats normal? And what i should do after the first 10 hours?

·
Registered
563 Posts
The 09 trailblazer 330 probably doesn't have many articles because it still pretty new and are kinda over shadowed by the XP's.I dont know about a grinding noise but the clunking sound is more than likely a normal polaris sound when you put it in gear.Most of them do that.I dont think I have ever heard of adjusting the valves after 10hrs.That would be BS.Maybe after 50-100hrs.Just change the oil/filter and check everything out like you should always do.Polaris makes a pretty good atv and you made a good choice.

·
Registered
441 Posts
make sure its idled down all the way before changing gears . [ your idle may be too high ]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured out what it was, I would hear grinding when ONLY when i reved the engine then immediatly switch gears, from what i assume you are not to rev the engine(warming up the quad) then switch gears immediatly, you need to have it sit for atleast 10 or so seconds after the engine has calmed down then switch gears. I did this a couple times. The times i did it made a really nasty grinding noise. I havent noticed anything wrong after i did it, Is there a way to check to see if i messed something up?

·
Registered
563 Posts
It should be OK.Just dont do it anymore. :spank::buttkick: You dont have to let it set for 10 seconds.Let it go back to normal idle then shift.

·
Registered
35 Posts
greetings twiqz
yeah 330 are a good machine they may feel hot on your leg when u have been riding for a while but that s normal for the 330's
servicing is a breeze but it pays to buy or make a couple of funnels for the front diff etc and put them in a air tight container free from dust so that u dont have to chase them up each time u service your bike.
happy riding!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts