Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find it in the manual but how do i remove the seat from my 09 sportsman 500 x2? just picked it up yesterday and thats the only thing the dealer didn't show me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Seat for X2

Congratulations!
Best way to remove the seat on the X2 is to tip the dump bed and lift the rear of the seat. Word of warning too - don't haul it with the second seat up or you will lose your seat! The dump bed and rear seat is all that holds the front seat on. I usually put a strap over the seat when I am hauling it just to be on the safe side. My brother lost his seat, first day, just driving from the dealer. :wiggle: When putting the seat back on carefully align the seat so you don't push in the rubber grommets on the bottom of the seat.
Hope you enjoy your X2 as much as I have mine. The longer wheel base makes for a much smoother ride. Safe riding.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. on my 2000 magnum there is a lever but i could not find 1 on the x2, and there is no info in the owners manual about it. I might not get to use it much this winter but i will enjoy it this spring and summer. gotta love bikes made in america.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts