Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I let it warm for about 10 minutes then plowed for another 10 minutes. When I was finishing up I noticed I was losing power so I headed towards the garage. I got next to the garage and it died. I noticed my heat light was on and I could hear the coolant gurgling I said wtf. My fan wasn't running and I don't think it ran the whole time now that I think of it. So I turned key off and turned it back on and the fan started running. I let the fan run for a while. Turned off drank a cold one and went back out and it started and ran fine. I parked it cause of Christmas plans now just wandering what happened. What do guys think?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Are you low on coolant?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Hmmmm maybe a loose wire, or bad connection. I'd keep an eye on it and see if you can pin it down to the fan. Might be several things, the fan itself or the sensor that turns it on.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I bet that thing plows like crazy. Where at in SD? I used to hit Sturgis and the Black Hills for the Rally every year. Stayed at the Flying V north of Newcastle. I'd love to ride that area on an ATV! :cowboy:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live the NE Corner of South Dakota. Britton to be exact. I wish we would get some more snow to put this to the test. As far as my overheat issue I'm going to put in my garage one of these days and look it over. I have read that maybe the relay that runs the fan might be a little corroded. I will let you know what I figure out. Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
679 Posts
There is also a (?)8amp circuit breaker that is (?)self-resetting in the wire loom up front. Doesn't quite make sense with your scenario but who knows.

·
Registered
522 Posts
My 500 does the same thing, when it happens I put it in neutral and the fan kicks in in a few seconds then no problem, last year I put everything new, temp sensor, thermostat, rad cap, then I took and made sure all the connections were good , good luck this drove me crazy last year!!!!!:aargh4:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly never looked at it. But i figured if the fan wasn't running that wasn't the problem. Haven't been in mud since spring. Thanks I will look at it once I get inside.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I really wish the pod would display engine temp...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts