1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
I use Mobil 1 0w-40 year round here in Az

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That your best choice year round and the most recommended engine oil on this forum.

·
Registered
450 Posts
That's what I run up here in Alaska.

If it's good enough for the high-performance european sports cars, it's good enough for my ATV.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I have the same atv only in blue.
Do you know of any other fluids I can use besides Polaris stuff for the front tranny, rear tranny or the transmission fluid?
Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
This is a thread in the general discussion forum. Lots of good info for fluids.

Lube Chart for all Polaris ATVs

I use commercial (whatever's at Napa or Wal Mart) fluids for grease, motor oil, and coolant. Everything else gets pretty tricky, so I just buy it from the dealer here.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
So Angle fluid is our rear transaxle fluid?
U can use any quality 80-90 weight synthetic lube in the rear differential. There are other options for the other fluids as well but you can search the forums. TXronnie has some good advice...

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
0w40 ok for the seasons in Oklahoma?
Mobil1 full synthetic yes.

Thanks
While under "factory warranty", either std 6 month or extended factory..... I'd run the recommended 5W50 weight oil (As a warranty claim, "Just in case" precausion), in any "good" full synthetic brand blend. But, after that..... you'll find many run Mobil1 0W40, Amsoil 0W40 and Pure Polaris 5W50.... or thier "recommended flavor of the year". :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
0w40 ok for the seasons in Oklahoma?
Mobil1 full synthetic yes.

Thanks
While under "factory warranty", either std 6 month or extended factory..... I'd run the recommended 5W50 weight oil (As a warranty claim, "Just in case" precausion), in any "good" full synthetic brand blend. But, after that..... you'll find many run Mobil1 0W40, Amsoil 0W40 and Pure Polaris 5W50.... or thier "recommended flavor of the year". :D

Polaris has recommendations, but their house brand fluids are for only one purpose. Make them $$. The OEM oil only has to get you thru the warranty period. Think about it, how many want you to keep driving your SxS? You are the only one; Polaris and the dealers want to sell you a new one.

Skip the Polaris brand, use one of the other 2, Mobil 1 or AMSOIL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts