Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At friends checking his 2019 Sportsman 570. He called saying it’s pulling to one side. Pictures show it on level floor. When level set on Atv shows it out. Measured from one side to other it’s a solid 1 1/4” out. Checked springs, no breaks. Can’t see anything. Any ideas?
BE006F5B-A92D-4DBF-AC05-70379246E3BD.jpeg
E1AE0588-4753-43B8-AA39-1B7E368765E9.jpeg
D7658521-5770-4FD0-BB56-B5581AB0D8CA.jpeg
B00C5C40-E31F-4706-80A3-CE8AFB52B69B.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
Does it have the adjustable collars for the front spring tension? If so are they set on the notch from side to side?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, fronts not adjustable on 570 efi. SP570 they are adjustable. I’m wondering if maybe one of the struts have blown. Tire pressure all equal. Concrete pad in his garage at least in spot where I’m taking measurements is dead on level. I even spun the bike around and took same measurements and still way out. I took test drive down street and it is pulling to right which is the lower side. It’s noticeably lower just looking at and while riding

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
172 Posts
Rear all checked out? Shocks, springs, stab. Bar ?

·
Registered
172 Posts
And I’m not aware of how a spring could fail like that and not be broken

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me either. I checked underneath and NO sign it got hit anywhere. 1 1/4” in 48” is a sh*tload.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes that’s what I was thinking. That far off should be a big part fail that’s easy to find

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unless it’s a failed strut that may or may not be noticeable visually.
It’s a 2019 maybe 30 hours on it. He is a big guy though, Probably at least 240 lbs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I’m going to guess, broken shock dampening rod/shaft. -shot in the dark

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
Tire pressure?? I know theres more to it just wondering if it was set equal equal. Doubt the strut is bad, probably springs. I would go over all the steering/suspension components as the can compound the situation. Also i would check that upper strut mount section of the frame!!! Sprotsman it time for your bud to step up to the Highlifter Life!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tire pressure?? I know theres more to it just wondering if it was set equal equal. Doubt the strut is bad, probably springs. I would go over all the steering/suspension components as the can compound the situation. Also i would check that upper strut mount section of the frame!!! Sprotsman it time for your bud to step up to the Highlifter Life!!!!!!!!!!!
I triple checked the tire pressure. I did best I could to look at everything especially spring. Couldn’t feel any crack, jacked it up and everything is hanging normal. I did feel around up at top of spring, seemed fine. But he might have to get front plastics off to confirm.
He does have, I thought he said 4 year extended warranty. Said he’s gonna bring it in. I told him he might not see it for a month. Either way he definitely needs the HD upgrade!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just another crazy one. On one of mine the engine is 1/4 " off from the bottom welded skid plate. You can't get the oil drain plug out. Dealer had to notch the skid plate under warranty. The rest seems fine, and they were afraid that a replacement frame would be more problem than it's worth.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just another crazy one. On one of mine the engine is 1/4 " off from the bottom welded skid plate. You can't get the oil drain plug out. Dealer had to notch the skid plate under warranty. The rest seems fine, and they were afraid that a replacement frame would be more problem than it's worth.
I can’t say for sure something like that could be a small part of it but it’s 1 1/4” side to side difference. Also, it is pulling noticeably to the low side.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts