Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any 28" tires with over an 1" tread depth that beat Zilla?

I've done a lot of research so far, and Zilla seems to take the cake as far as a *light weight* beast of tire. It's tread it just shy of 1.25 inches. Are there any tires that put up a serious challenge? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
No questions asked - 100% GBC Grim Reaper!
Not 1.5”s but willing to bet I go almost anywhere you do with Reapers as something with taller tread and I’ll handle trails far better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not 1.5”s but willing to bet I go almost anywhere you do with Reapers as something with taller tread and I’ll handle trails far better.
Thanks man, but I already have a similar 27" tire...the GBC Dirt Commander. Looking for more of a "mud" tire with depth over 1".

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Thanks man, but I already have a similar 27" tire...the GBC Dirt Commander. Looking for more of a "mud" tire with depth over 1".
For sure. No problem.
Having said that, Reapers give you same trail performance of the Commander but offer far better mudding capabilities.
I just find that the reaper is a great all around tire.
I’ve “needed” AWD not once since installed.
I don’t “Mud” per say, but I’ve been over my tires in 2wd and walked right through it.
If you’re a big time mudder I could see why a mayhem would be on the list, but you were asking for something decent on trails too.
That’s why I offered up an opinion.
Happy modding bud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts