Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st. Can you run 10 inch wides on the front with stock rims with out wheel spacers?

2nd. Pros and Cons of doing this? I want gorilla x-lites 28-10-14 just wished they made a 28-9-14 and 28-11-14 but they dont.

3rd. Having 10inch wide on the back pros and cons?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
The biggest con of a wider front tire is more difficult steering. If you have EPS them it's not as big of a deal.

Likewise, having more narrow tires on the rear results in less rubber on the road = less traction.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So will 10s fit on the front?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
On what? But I'm guessing no. Not without spacers on stock rims.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Try a rear that you have and see if it clear s. Stock rears are 10" on that right?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try a rear that you have and see if it clear s. Stock rears are 10" on that right?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
I thought about that but I think the rear rims are wider than the fronts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Search the threads and you might find one that has that question answered. One thing about tire sizes is that sometimes they aren't accurate. You have to check them out. My stock tires were in reality an inch narrower than marked. The fronts said 8 but were really only 7s, and the rear said 11 but were 10 inches wide. It would be nice if they would use true measurements.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Just look in your wheel well and measure it.

My tires are 9" wide and there is quite a bit of room. And its on stock 14" steelies.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

Yes.

If you get a crazy mud tire with huge sidewall lugs you might rub a little, but most normal 10" wides fit the XP line on stock rims with zero problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yes.

If you get a crazy mud tire with huge sidewall lugs you might rub a little, but most normal 10" wides fit the XP line on stock rims with zero problems.

Probably only go with 27-10-14 gorilla lite instead of the 28 just sucks that 10s is the only option on the x lite in those size

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
455 Posts
Likewise, having more narrow tires on the rear results in less rubber on the road = less traction.
Actually wouldn't a narrower tire get more traction, as there would be more pounds per square inch against the ground? But wouldn't float over soft terrain as well as wider tires. Back in the day, wide tires on the back of my Torino spun a whole lot easier than narrower tires, but looked better... :ponder:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Actually wouldn't a narrower tire get more traction, as there would be more pounds per square inch against the ground? But wouldn't float over soft terrain as well as wider tires. Back in the day, wide tires on the back of my Torino spun a whole lot easier than narrower tires, but looked better... :ponder:
I've always use tall and skinny tires in the snow and wide in the desert.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts