Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to put the OEM Highlifter snorkel kit on a standard 2015 1000? looking to snorkel mine but don't care for the routing on the aftermarket snorkel kits. I can get all the pieces off of rockeymountain but not sure it will work with the front storage box. I don't want to cut holes in it or loose function of the box. I run a light bar so im not apposed to ditching the pod headlight.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wondering the same thing

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link! Helps give me an idea but I'm looking to keep my factory radiator location and want to keep the storage box.

·
Registered
204 Posts
or look into triangleATV.com snorkel kits linked in my signature.

Stealth snorkel kit. all tubes route into the headlight pod, AND no modification to front deck! Keep your storage.

You cannot even tell the machine has been modified until you remove the plastics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have looked into the triangle kit and am now leaning that way but am very concerned about my belt and engine intake being so enclosed with the belt exhaust. Don't want to be sucking hot poor quality belt exhaust into the engine and belt intake. Anyone have thoughts about this? Triangle assured me that it is not an issue but I'm not convinced

·
Registered
204 Posts
With some zip-ties and careful planning you can point the belt exhaust to blow out the hole in the headlight pod's hole where the handlebars come out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
you have to watch out for that with any snorkel kit....
you can always put a sock/filter/foam over it.
and remember exhausts blow when running.

·
Registered
204 Posts
but really... you shouldnt experience any noticeable preformance issues without modification.
your belt exhaust runs hottest when you are stuck in the mud, not exactly times when you are most worried about the air/fuel/temp mixture.
a performance clutch kit will also lower belt temp and wear, and allow you to go up on your back two tires!~

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm running a game trail tamer exhaust, and about to add a qsc clutch kit, rvs performance stage 3 tune and r2c filter. So I'm hoping standing it up would take be an issue lol. I don't play in a whole lot of deep water so snorkeling is just going to be a little piece of mind in case I find a hole.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has any body actually ran the triangle atv snorkel stealth snorkel kit? I went to their website and sounds good but so does snorkel your atv kit and I have heard horrible things about their kits.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm in the process on installing a stealth kit on the buddies 850. Will let you guy know how it works out in the next few weeks but I can say it seems like a high quality kit and in the installation video a lot of of care is taken to move all weak links air wise

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good to hear. Any body else?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just did HL conversion on my 2015 1000XP pics in my album

Attachments

Reactions: Stefan

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very nice work

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nobody else has used triangle stealth snorkel?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just finished installing the triangle atv stealth kit because the factory HL kits has been back ordered for ever. I am very disappointed in the triangle kit. The video shows you how to do normal easy stuff like take the plastic off but then skips the more detailed things. Also has a lot of back and forth stuff, instead of showing you everything to modify on the airbox all at once it shows you most of it and then at the end after they have you reinstall the airbox they tell you oh yea you need to cut this and that. My main concern was functioning, fitment and still looking factory. The guy at triangle that i talked to assured me that it was a fully functional factory look kit. While is mostly is, it is no where close to as well put together as he claimed. Everything is stretched to its max and on several things really makes me wonder how long it will be before i start to have failures due to this kit. No matter how much plastic i cut out of my pod the hood will still pop out everytime i turn and the wiring in the pod is so cramped that the plastic barely fits at all. I would NOT recommend this kit! Wish i would have waited and bought all the factory snorkel stuff and just done the HL conversion.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow that's crazy I just spend all weekend installing a stealth kit on my buddies 850 and it came out amazing. I was blown away with the quality and depth of the instructional video. He walked us through everything step by step and it came out perfectly. No fitment issues at all and everything works just as it should can't even tell ass the work we put into it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts