Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here's some pics for my Polaris brothers

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah buddy! I'm sure you're itching to find a dry patch of ground to feel what its capable of.
As time goes on I would like to hear your opinion of it since you switched from sport quads as I did recently.
I have yet to fully make a conclusion, but I think I am happy to leave the Raptors and such behind me.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would like to have some of that white stuff you got there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
:suspect: uh... that's not something you say to another dude! :eek:oops:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's a nice a PoPo Bro! Thanks!

Too far to drive tho, even for something that nice. I'm in Lake George. Probably 3.5 hrs one way. I skied today and will again on Sunday and Monday. In the winter, I ride chairlifts not my quad. In the summer, it's the quad and the boat. Lake George is absolutely great.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That's funny.. I'm going skiing Tuesday after quad riding Monday....Some of us are heading to killington Feb 4,5&6 join in for beers n skiing:)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
That certainly is a nice backdrop...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A view for the Can Am guys

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I see some big potential out of these 1000S I know I got my 850 putting down 90rwhp on the dyno.......and like they say no replacement for displacement........

·
Registered
170 Posts
That is pretty sweet looking, thanks for getting info and pics posted....I am extremely excited to get mine, keep on riding and get that sucker properly broken in....ha ha

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Thats a slick looking machine....my dealer said they got over 10 orders...but just have 2-3 coming in right now....said the others may wait till spring time...and they are big dealership...so this machine is a hot item I guess.....any ways have fun...looks like a real ripper....

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok I had my 3-4 hrs of riding Saturday and it was a blast. Now time to review a little
1st I did not mess with any suspension setting just out of the box it really handles well, I rode high speed RR tracks it was very smooth but again we had about 2 inches of snow so some of this info might be a little off, it handled tight trail with rocks better than any quad I've ridden I was able to go faster and smoother. Hills ha ha not much else needs to be said there. Ok now to the power part and transmission, like I've said this is my first auto quad although my wife has a 2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450 I haven't ridden that much but there is one differences I noticed right away the 450 engages the clutch right away while the 1000 is definitely more like a sled with a more abrupt engagement around 1800 or so rpm..not a problem but just something I'm not used to. Power time.... this thing has power everywhere if you want to wheelie of the line no problem if you want to pass someone at 50 no problem it pulls very nice from any speed, that being said I'm already waiting for some bolt on's, although it's not really fair because I haven't been able to rip around on dry terrain or ride it fully broken in yet I just kind of like violent power to be on hand. I did a couple of short speed burst and I got to 70mph but I didn't want to push it to it's limits so early. That being said I did notice a problem in the higher rpm's a sputter or miss. I will continue to ride and get my break in period in before I try to figure out that issue..kinda hope it just goes away with some miles put on her. Overall I'm very very happy with this machine it rides great handles great and I does have lots of power everywhere. the 4 wheel drive works great as well and the lighting is awesome, also judging from some of my quad friends which include artic cats, can am's and some brutes the jalousies factor is high...they have all said they think its the best looking quad they have ever seen....possibly riding some today to finish this dam break in:aargh4:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice write-up, once you get that beast broken in you can start to really push it.

I have heard upgrading the plugs eliminates most common complaints like sputtering. But then again I also heard these engines open up after 10 hours, possible programmed for a break-in period. Just thoughts I had

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's what I thought. The sputtering Curb mentioned may have been from the break in programing.

IMO, after market exhaust may be a waste of money on this machine. The exhaust is already " tuned " by Polaris and after market exhausts may gain little to nothing.

Thanks for the write-up Curb!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
A lot fo the 850 guys had rought running machines until they're broken in. also, seems the stock plugs aren't the best option out there for the 850, may be the same issue with the 1000

1 - 20 of 65 Posts