Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new/used machine -
Very excited!!
Discovered the bulkhead is cracked left side at the shock tower fastening point.
Found the replacement part fine, just cant find recommended attack to replace.
Does anyone have or know of a service manual or pages pertaining to this along with the torque specs etc? It appears any size Sportsman XP model is the same part so the process and specs are the same as well?
Very excited to take the machine out but very concerned regarding the safety factor at this point...
Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated at this point
Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
can you post pictures of what is going on here? curious to know as I have a sportsman 1000 also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dfwsrt8

Thinking I have it here....
As I look closer I see the top of the shock is actually bolted into the frame on the other side where you can see the crack . This up behind the front left wheel at the top
May not be bad to replace -
Would really appreciate the torque specs if anyone knows

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
851 Posts
that is a fender support I believe look like you will have to remove the front fenders and rack for sure not sure what else bolts to it ....you could probably ride it for the weekend as it is

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ah, different part than I was thinking. On yours, it looks like it's broken on the outer side away from where the shock mounts. You're probably clear to ride on that for awhile. Where it is broken looks like perhaps the rack may have been overloaded or pulled on real hard(perhaps by a winch on the rack? ive seen dumb people do it before) which caused it to break that bulkhead where it did. Anyway, from glancing at mine, it looks like pulling your rack off, the small panel below the headlight, remove the front plastic headlight surrounds/upper grill section. undo the rivets holding the footwells to the front fenders and the sides near the seat, then undo and raise the front fender section. You won't need to tear down your handlebars and completely remove the front plastic, just undo it and lift it up as much as you can. Find a way to tie it up so you can work under it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I agree - thank you for your input both Shane-O and DFWSRT8
Much appreciated!
Still loo0king for torque specs if anyone might have them -
Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts