Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive read a kabillion threads across 3 diff boards & am no more informed than before so...
11' 850 xp mods include:
K&N
SYA snorkel kit
QSC clutch kit
NGK's
PC5 tuned by dynojet
Big Gun slip on
28" OL2's s/w

The deal is im not completely impressed, ill admit all mods where at same time, including wheel/tires so i didnt have a chance to compare each mod individually to see what gains where to be had. This thing wont even pull the front tires unless its coaxed over a small hill or hump, low in mud does fine, high is nearly out of the question as ive smoked stock belt 3 times while just on trails with some hills, no mud. Am i missing something?? ive done every performance mod i know to do.......

·
Registered
450 Posts
Did you do a proper break-in for each of the new belts? Belts should last for quite some time, even in heavy use, as long as they're properly broken in and not abused (wide open throttle all the time, from a dead stop, etc).

Did you buy a generic clutch kit? Or one custom made for your application (mudding, 28" heavy tires, etc)?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, same belt......Not sure how it was broke in, i bought wheeler used. New one on the way (when its determined which is best)
QSC kit is specific for my application.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I run the highlifter 3gx belt it seems to last better. If ur smokin belts on the trail with out getting it wet somethin is def wrong ive never slipped a belt on the trail I've got it wet and slipped it a few times. If the belt is the only thing u haven't changed I'd try it. It may not help it a bit then again it could make a big difference

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The clutch alone should make your wheels pop up. What shim do you have in? Have you talked to Ridinagain to make sure its in right?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Are you sure you have a proper tune, not a ghetto one that is actually robbing power.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The clutch alone should make your wheels pop up. What shim do you have in? Have you talked to Ridinagain to make sure its in right?
Adam sent 2 shims, i put in larger of the 2. Havent spoke to anyone about setup until this thread, im 99.9% sure shim is installed correctly, maybe I'll pull apart double check... Was thinking that was just for engagement at higher rpm?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I run the highlifter 3gx belt it seems to last better. If ur smokin belts on the trail with out getting it wet somethin is def wrong ive never slipped a belt on the trail I've got it wet and slipped it a few times. If the belt is the only thing u haven't changed I'd try it. It may not help it a bit then again it could make a big difference
I def gonna put new belt on, like i said its been "smoked" on 3 diff occassions, but seemed to do fine after it cooled down. still questioning which one..

·
Registered
721 Posts
Mine easily pulls the wheels all stock (sans slip-on exhaust)...something must be up?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine easily pulls the wheels all stock (sans slip-on exhaust)...something must be up?
When it was all stock mine would do, so long as it had enough traction. I'd just didnt think adding 28" ol2's would rob enough power that all performance mods wouldnt overcome

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ol2s are heavy I don't like a tire that heavy so it will def rob alot of power and torq but I had a set of 30" rad outlaws bolted on my 850 with stock clutching for like 30 min it would wheelie but it had to have a lil body English it wouldn easy to wheelie with them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts